httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Oakley" <Jason.Oak...@aapt.com.au>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems when 'nc ' entered into a field on a form
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:42:05 GMT
Well the strange thing is, this occurs on ANY form in ANY script on the server.
It's occurring in phpBB. It's occurring in my own Blog which I wrote from scratch. It's occurring
in the "Submit a helpdesk ticket" to the Webhost. I've just discovered yesterday that I can't
type "htaccess" into a form either or the same error occurs. It's very bizarre.

It's hard to accept that every script on the server has the same bug in it's PHP page...

I might have to ask the webhost for a copy of httpd.conf if that might help.

> Even if the forms are submitted with PHP and not CGI?

The form is submitted by HTTP. It's a request for a URI along with a string of key-value parameters.
The server then executes the code defined by the URI and feeds it the parameters. Then it
sends whatever comes out back to the client.

The URI can lead to a CGI program or a PHP page or an ASP page or a proxy request to a Tomcat
server running a JSP or any number of things. If at any stage the thread or process handling
the execution of the code encounters an error condition you'll get an "Internal Server Error".

There's a bug in the PHP page.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Jason Oakley