httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Luke Shannon" <lshan...@hypermedia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Newbie
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:40:06 GMT
Hello All;

I am new not only new to Apache but to webservers in general. This is about
to change.

Our site is using Tomcat 5.0.19 and Apache 1.3.27. These two communicate
using jk_mod 1.2 (currently research what this is).

I have been given the task of setting up a maintenence mode feature for the
site. This would be a script or some feature that would put the site into a
mode where only certain IP addresses would be able to access the main
content and all other would be redirected to an html page informing the user
the site is under maintenance.

I don't have a lot of time to do this so I need to be efficient. Can someone
give me a few terms or concepts I can use to focus my search? At present I
am looking at redirection with Apache ( Mod_alias ). Is this the right path
or is there something that already exists that could serve my needs?

Do I need to use Perl? Is Python an option?

Thanks,

Luke