httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ralf Glauberman" <rglauber...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache not responding
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:33:09 GMT
what you are saying about windows is true for win9x, but windows 2003 is
build on windows 2000 server, and as a server operatingsystem, i don't think
you have to reboot it daily ;-), but it would really be a good idea to
update apache.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 10:56 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache not responding

I'm not a windows expert but I'd offer the following points:

My memories of windows is that it's quite normal for processes to hang
after a few days. I recall it was regarded as good practice to reboot a
windows system frequently (some admins did it daily). Maybe latest
versions are more stable, I don't know...

Also:

- 2.0.47 is a bit old, latest is 2.0.52. An upgrade might fix your
problems...
- windows 2003; is this NT-based? If not (ie, if it's a win95 upgrade)
then it's not recommended for apache.

> I get the following error in the log files:
>
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration:
> C:/Program Files/ACS21/webnms/template/nmshtmlui.css, referer:
> http://localhost

Nothing to do with the hang-up. This is a standard error message
indicating that the directory containing nmshtmlui.css is under a "Deny"
directive and so cannot be accessed. Probably this is a mistake on your
part as I'm sure you'd want people to be able to get your stylesheet.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I have attached the complete log file for reference. Any advice on how
> to debug the problem is highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Barath Kumar.

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.