httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Oleg Derevenetz" <o...@vsi.ru>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.52, suexec and user home dirs
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:38:42 GMT
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:20:17 +0300, Oleg Derevenetz <oleg@vsi.ru> wrote:
> > The problem: when I open URL http://www.vsi.ru/~yegor/cgi-bin/gb.cgi
(for
> > example), Apache execute it as nobody/nobody permissions instead of user
> > permissions, and I can't see nothing about this in suexec_log. But when
> > open open URL http://admin.test.velest.ru/cgi-bin/something.cgi, it's
OK.

> In 2.0, suexec will only apply the user's id if the request is handled
> by mod_userdir.  In your case, you are circumventing mod_userdir by
> using ScriptAlias.  That won't work.

Hm-m. But this work in 1.3. Is this a some regress ? :-)

Then, if I make some changes:

-ScriptAlias /~yegor/cgi-bin/ /web/users/yegor/public_html/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/web/users/yegor/public_html">
-Options Includes
+Options Includes ExecCGI
+AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
</Directory>

and try to execute /~yegor/test.cgi, it executes with yegor's permissions.
But if I try to execute /~yegor/cgi-bin/test.cgi, it executes with
nobody/nogroup permissions. Is this correct ? Options applies recursively to
all subdirs, isn't it ?

--
Oleg Derevenetz <oleg@vsi.ru> OOD3-RIPE
Phone: +7 (0732) 531789