httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Williams <willi...@tni.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cgi handler not receiving directory requests
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:26:40 GMT
I have this in my conf file:

  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
  Action cgihandler /CGIHandler.cgi
  <Location /comps>
    Options +ExecCGI
    SetHandler cgihandler
  </Location>

CGIHandler.cgi has this at the top:

  warn('CGIHandler: '.$ENV{PATH_INFO});

Then I do this to create a file and a dir in the comps directory:

  touch comps/file
  mkdir comps/dir

Then I make the following requests:

  http://localhost/comps/foo/file/more
  http://localhost/comps/foo/dir/more

The second request returns 404 and in my log I see this:

  [Tue Oct 12 16:14:07 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] CGIHandler:
/comps/file/more at /home/williams/mason-1-2-branch/dist/t/CGIHandler.cgi line 7.
  [Tue Oct 12 16:14:07 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
/home/williams/mason-1-2-branch/dist/t/comps/dir/more

Which seems to indicate that directory requests (or requests where the last
existing component of the path is a directory) are not being passed to
CGIHandler.cgi at all.

Adding "AcceptPathInfo On" (which should be the default) does not change
the situation.  But the documentation for AcceptPathInfo says it should work:

    This directive controls whether requests that contain trailing
    pathname information that follows an actual filename (OR
    NON-EXISTENT FILE IN AN EXISTING DIRECTORY) will be accepted or
    rejected.

I am using apache-2.0.50.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a bug?  Is there a workaround?

~ John Williams