httpd-users mailing list archives

From Larry Rappaport <r...@lmr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting apache to serve pages through a router.
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 15:17:42 GMT
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:15:14 -0400, you wrote (with possible editing):

>I'm having trouble getting Apache to serve pages to the internet.
>
>My IP address is 69.161.99.220, my router's IP is 192.168.1.1, and my
>server's IP address is 192.168.1.142.

...snip

Just beginning here, so I could easily be wrong, but 192.168.x.x or
10.0.x.x  are NON-ROUTABLE addresses.  If Apache is installed in a
machine with such an address, it won't work.  I _think_ you can
install it in a gateway machine (a machine with two NICs, one of which
is the 69. address) and serve the internet through that port.
Normally the gateway also contains a proxy server which feeds the
internal network through a 10. or 192. etc. address.

Hopefully, someone who knows a bit more will chime in...
--

Larry
Mail may be sent to rapp at lmr dot com.  Please