httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Scoreboard file causing crash?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:29:51 GMT
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:59:33 -0700, Patrick Campbell
<pcampbell@ourvacationstore.com> wrote:
> Apache 2.0.40 from RedHat 9 RPM here,

Very old version of apache 2.  You should upgrade before trying to
debug problems.

> 23:00 is our restart hour.  We run a
> /etc/init.d/httpd stop and sleep 10 then /etc/init.d/httpd start.

Not a good method of restarting apache.  Use either a graceful or
forced restart.  I don't know redhat's init script, but the probably
have "restart" or "reload" commands that will work.

> However, remming out the scoreboard directive in httpd.conf seems to fix
> this problem immediately.  I am wondering a) what is the reason for this b)
> is the scoreboard directive necessary?  Would it be best to remove the
> scoreboard directive on all of our servers?

Yes, in general the ScoreBoardFile directive should not be needed.  It
can be safely removed on most systems.

Joshua.