httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Berkeley DB 4.2 configure error with httpd 2.0.52
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:22:51 GMT
I'm not very familiar with db config, but...

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:13:46 -0700, Alexander Storman
<astorman@elmresources.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am attempting to configure 2.0.52 to use as a Subversion server with
> BerkeleyDB 4.2. and Apache refuses to configure. It looks like I am not the
> only one who has had this problem, but I can't find a solid fix.
> Is this a bug?  Is there a fix?
>
> Here is my configure line:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/svnapache --enable-dav --enable-so --enable-
> ssl --with-dbm=db4 --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/

That --with-dbm option doesn't look right to me.  Why is that there?

Also, are you sure that you need to compile apache with berkeley db?
The Subversion module certainly needs to be linked with it, but why do
you need it for the rest of apache?

Joshua.