httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ClearModuleList
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:20:52 GMT
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:30:23 +0300, Eimantas Vaiciunas
<eimantas.vaiciunas@sc.vu.lt> wrote:
> hi list,
>
> Can anyone clearly explain me why do i need ClearModuleList directive in my
> httpd.conf on apache version 1 branch? The manual and comment doesn't seem to
> be clear enough for me.

In apache 1.3, the order that you load the modules also defines the
order that the modules process requests.  Since it is sometimes
important that the modules process requests in a particular order (so,
for example, mod_mime gets to try to determine a mime type before
mod_mime_magic makes a guess), you need to assure that the modules are
loaded in the correct order.

ClearModuleList effectively unloads all the modules so that the
AddModule directives can be used to specify the correct order.

Joshua.