httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Using precompiled version of apache 2.0.52
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:22:08 GMT
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:36:59 -0500, Deepa Rangarajan
<deepa_rr@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a compiler in my workstation(Solaris 8). I have downloaded apache
> 2.0.52 source and
> compiled it. The taget machine is also an identical Solaris sparc machine.
> Can I use the version that I have compiled in my workstation. If yes, how do
> I go abt it?

Sure, you can do that.  You can do "make" on the machine with the
compiler, then tar up the results, move them to the other machine and
then "make install".

Alternatively, you can "make; make install" on the machine with the
compiler and, assuming you installed everything under a single
--prefix, tar that all up and move it to the other machine.

Joshua