httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Testing for Port before responding to user request...
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:04:54 GMT
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:47:53 -0400, Troy Simpson <tdsimpson@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.domain.com:9876/CFIDE/administrator
>
> I thought I would secure the URL with the following criteria.
> Restrict to an IPAddress range.
> Require UserID and Password.
> Test for Port 9876.
>
> I figured out the first two.  Is there a way to test for Port 9876?

In mod_rewrite, you can look at SERVER_PORT (but be careful, since
this may be affected by the UseCanonicalName setting).

But probably the cleanest way to do this is to have two <VirtualHost>s
on two different ports.  Then you can put the auth directives inside
the 9876 <VirtualHost> and leave the other <VirtualHost> unprotected.

Joshua.