httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Apache using two ports
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:38:19 GMT
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:28:02 -0500, Deepa Rangarajan
<deepa_rr@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Joshua,
>
>    Thanks for the quick responses.
>    Incase I dont have the VirtualHost Section and have the ProxyPass
> directive in the main server configuration, then I am able to access my
> pages using http and https. i.e it listens to both the ports 80 and 443.
> Even in this case SSL is not enabled.
>    Once I made added the VirtualHost , the requests do not work for https.
>    Pls. let me know why the difference in behaviour.

That is not possible, to the best of my knowledge.

You cannot connect to a host using SSL unless that host has SSL enabled.

You seem to still be confusing the port number with the protocol.  The
default port for SSL is 443, but a request is not automatically
encrypted just because it uses port 443.

Joshua.