httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache-2.0 problems with CGI scripts
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:24:54 GMT
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:20:31 -0400, Warron French <wfrench@xtria.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently moved some websites from a linux (debian) server running Apache-1.3 to a RedHat
linux server running Apache-2.0.40-21

> My actual problem, I have some .cgi scripts with names like home, home1, index, and index1
(all ending with .cgi extension)
> and when a browser hits the site with these files in it.... it shows just the cgi scripts
content as opposed to the website that the cgi scripts are supposed to generate.  These CGI
scripts are written in perl.

> I have mod_cgi in place, but I really haven't found anything watered down enough to explain
to me what I am doing or what I am seeing or what I NEED to do.

This means you haven't configured apache to process these files as CGI
scripts.  Start by reading
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html
and come back again with more details if you can't get it to work.

Joshua.