httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htpasswd and htacess more help please :°°°
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:05:50 GMT
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 08:47:49 +0000, helen mac ginn
<helen_baby40@hotmail.com> wrote:
> ******ok now i got my htacess:
>
> AuthUserFile  "/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/"htpasswd
> AuthGroupFile /usr/dom/xdomain/public_html/secretlist/htgroup
> AuthName ProWEB
>
> AuthType Basic
> Now i dont evan get the user and password request(500 internal error
> server)i'm sure i have mistunderstud u.My problem is that i'm not English so
> is hard to understand English that is why i decided to write to this help
> list and that is why i posted the two files.If anybody is so kinde to just
> change (delate and write)what is wrong in my two files so taht i can just
> copy/past it.

You need to put back the "Require" line.

Really, it is quite essential to read the docs.  If your english
skills are not good enough for that, you are going to have a very hard
time with apache, unfortuantely.  Note much we can do about that other
than to encourage more people to help translate the docs.

Joshua.