httpd-users mailing list archives

From Amit Mehrotra <u2000108pu...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem in setting content negotiation
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:13:19 GMT
Hi,
          I'm trying to use content-negotiation feature provided by Apache.
What i want is if a browser request for a file say test.html then i
want to send gzipped (.gz) file to browser if this encoding is
supported else send him the normal test.html.html file.

For that i made following changes in httpd.conf file
AddType application/x-gzip .gz
AddEncoding x-gzip gz

And enabled the multiview for the diectory where i have these files
(test.htl.gz & test.html.html) by using

Options MultivViews
AllowOverride None

But still when i try to access file test.html from browser (IE 6.0) it
says "page not found". Could you help me on that.

Thanks
Amit
--

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
                                                -Mother Teresa