httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Stromsoe <...@cts.ucla.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] dynamically creating mod_proxy_html proxyhtmlurlmap regexp entries
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:14:38 GMT
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Nick Kew wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Chris Stromsoe wrote:
>
>> 	  I don't want to have to put in a 2^24 <location> blocks to deal
>> with each of the 2^24 potential http requests.
>
> Are you proxying 2^24 backend servers?

The real number is going to be much smaller than that.  The backend
servers are attached to appliances and will be assigned IP addresses
dynamically out of the 10/8 network.  The front-end reverse proxy is to
provide authenticated / filtered access to the appliances.

>> Is there any way to do something like the following:
>>
>>    <locationmatch /proxy/(10(\.((2(5[0-5])|([0-4][0-9]))|(1[0-9][0-9])|([1-9][0-9])|([1-9]))){3})/>
>>      proxypassreverse /
>>      proxyhtmlurlmap / /proxy/$1/
>>    </locationmatch>
>
> I don't know if mod_macro would do something like that.
>
> Can't you just use <Location /proxy/> to catch /proxy/[anything] ?

I need to use LocationMatch to make sure that only ip addresses from
within the specific block are matched.  I want to avoid having to do

   <location /proxy/10.0.0.1/>
     proxypassreverse /
     proxyhtmlurlmap / /proxy/10.0.0.1/
   </location>

   <location /proxy/10.0.0.2/>
     proxypassreverse /
     proxyhtmlurlmap / /proxy/10.0.0.2/
   </location>

I need a way to get the regexp component of the "locationmatch" or to be
able to run a regexp agains the requested uri to use with proxyhtmlurlmap.

Or am I misunderstanding what you meant?

-Chris