httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_security
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:34:26 GMT
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, benkevich_a wrote:

> Hi, sorry, but i haven't found mod_security mailing list.
> So I spamming this list...:-)

I'm not sure if Ivan listens here; if so he can tell you more ...

> [Mon Oct 18 16:26:26 2004] [notice] mod_security: chroot successful, path=/usr/local/apache2/

OK, you chrooted

> [Mon Oct 18 16:26:26 2004] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could not create /usr/local/apache2/logs/httpd.pid

That path is not valid in your chroot jail.

If you're going to use chroot, you need to understand exactly what it
does.  That's rather harder than most of the tasks you have to do these
days.  Read the manual, and try it (chroot /usr/local/apache2 from a
shell).  You'll see the system looks very different from inside the jail;
you need to make sure what you need is available there, and you need to
fix the paths.

--
Nick Kew