httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL for Apache 1.3.26 on Solaris 8
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:19:54 GMT
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Deepa Rangarajan wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to implement SSL for Apache 1.3.26 , the default version that
> comes with
> Solaris 8. Do I need to install a patch to get SSL working.?

Unless it already has SSL, you will simply have to scrap it and recompile
from scratch.  SSL with Apache 1.x requires a (well-established) rewrite
to the source code and API.

This is one of many problems for which the easiest fix is simply to
upgrade to Apache 2.0 (which natively supports SSL).

--
Nick Kew