httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: AW: [users@httpd] What happend to the URLs in mod_proxy_html
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:52:57 GMT
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Roland Stumpner wrote:

> Hello Nick!
>
> My Problem ist that the Webapp on the IIS is propetery and compiled in
  a dll so its not possible to correct the encoding errors.

That is quite usual.

> The URL translation in the javascript section is correct . And the URL translation in
the Error log is correct.
> Is the XML/HTML Validation before the URL translation or afterwards ?

There is no validation; just minor error-correction.  Browsers do it too.

Encoding of ampersands is a very old FAQ.  AFAIK[1] no browser since
early 1993 has had *any* problem with correctly-encoded ampersands.
If there's a problem, you've misstated it here.  If you were a registered
user I'd suggest you sent a real example of a page you're having trouble
with.

[1] And since the mid 1990s some very extensive surveys have been done.

--
Nick Kew