httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Smith <black...@mail.sis.pitt.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] apache2/suexec question
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:35:07 GMT
 Hello. As a very new user of apache I am attempting to configure
suexec the execute as the file owner various CGI scripts. However
I seem to be encountering a configuation problem with suexec; the
error that is logged for a test script appears as follows

[Wed Oct 06 11:07:51 2004] [error] [client 136.142.116.9] (13)Permission denied: file permissions
deny server ac
cess: /home/joeuser/public_html/cgi-bin/printenv.cgi

The file itself is protected 711, and my wish is to have it processed
by suexec using the users login UID, as opposed to merely displayed
as occurs when the file permissions are set to 755.

Any assistance would be very appreciated.

regards

Peter Wilson
blackice@mail.sis.pitt.edu

An suexec -V yeilds the following

# suexec -V
 -D AP_DOC_ROOT="/opt/infoserve/apache2/htdocs"
 -D AP_GID_MIN=500
 -D AP_HTTPD_USER="webserve"
 -D AP_LOG_EXEC="/opt/infoserve/apache2/logs/suexec_log"
 -D AP_SAFE_PATH="/usr/bin:bin"
 -D AP_UID_MIN=500
 -D AP_USERDIR_SUFFIX="public_html"

The httpd.conf file that is being tested is enclosed as an attachment.

--

blackice@mail.sis.pitt.edu