httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krishna.Pras...@maytag.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache errors
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:58:18 GMT

Can u please explain more on the solaris limits, where and what to
configure to stop the error message
error(12)Not enough space: fork: Unable to fork new process.

Also, I am looking at more information on these error message.

|         |           Joshua Slive     |
|         |           <jslive@gmail.com|
|         |           >                |
|         |           10/27/2004 12:32 |
|         |           users            |

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:17:02 -0500, krishna.prasath@maytag.com
<krishna.prasath@maytag.com> wrote:
> I am running Apache/2.0.43 on Solaris 8.

Old version.  You should upgrade.

> I am getting the following messages in the error log..
> [error] [client x.x.x.x] request failed: error reading the header

Normal error.

> [error] (12)Not enough space: fork: Unable to fork new process

This is a problem.  You have some per-process limits, perhaps in the
number of file descriptors available to apache.  You need to adjust
the Solairs limits so that apache can fork more processes.

> Any information on these things will be great.

What information exactly?  Are you experiencing any problems, or are
you just worried about messages in the logs you don't understand?

Joshua.