httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Antoine PICOLET" <antoine.pico...@sagem.com>
Subject [users@httpd] POST interruption by client : differences between FireFox and IE ?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:10:31 GMT
Hello all,

I am having trouble with CGI.pm temporary files. I am not asking questions
about its functioning, as it is not the good place. However, I noticed the
following, weird behavior, depending on Browser used:

When I perform a file POST upload to a CGI, a temporary file 'CGItempxxx'
is created in /var/tmp. It is deleted when everything goes right. However,
when I click the 'stop' button on my browsers while the transfer is
running (using a very big file), this file is deleted with FireFox, but is
still present when using Internet Explorer. This leads me to believe that,
somewhere in Apache (since it handles the transfer), things are processed
differently.
So, my question is : do you know of a difference in transfer interrupting
between browsers, which could lead Apache to behave differently ? Is the
browser supposed to send a special packet when it interrupts a transfer ?
Can I resolve that with a SetEnvIf ?

Thank you for any help

Antoine