httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chintan Oza" <chintan....@c-sam.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Combining Live IP webserver and LAN webserver
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 02:01:37 GMT
Hi All,

I am facing difficulty in configuring apache for the following situation.

I have a web server which is live - connected to internet.
And I also have a web server on the LAN. I have some systems available on
this local web server.

I want to expose the local web server from the live web server.
Can I provide the contents from the local server to the live server?

e.g. http://www.blabla.com will fetch contents from the live web server -
can be accessed from internet.
and http://www.blabla.com/internals/ will go to the local web server, fetch
the contents and give it to client.

I tried the Redirection but for that i need to have another server on the
internet.

Can mod_rewrite help? They have some section "Missing contents from
Intranet" but I feel that for that also my internal server needs to be on
live ip.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Chintan.