httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] WAP on Apache 2.0 Win XP
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:26:42 GMT

Obviously your test computer is allowed access so everything is working. This is not the case
from the public internet, however.

You have to investigate why your server is not generally accessible from the public internet.

- check your FW settings on the server or any FW/router between it and the internet
- can you ping or telnet or browse any remote sites from the server (eg, www.apache.org?)
- to convince yourself that it is NOT working, go out to a cyber-cafe and try it.

To discover why your test computer can have access:
- how is your test computer connected to the internet (eg, does it use the same ISP as your
server? Is it really "outside the network"?)

I suspect things are not as simple as you imagine and that an unknown (to you) component is
blocking requests from the world.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle