httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] WAP on Apache 2.0 Win XP
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:23:59 GMT

You're missing the point - the server is not responding from the public internet at a TCP/IP
level. That is, a TCP/IP packet containing an HTTP request and sent to port 80 on IP address
212.4.48.211 does not result in any reply so the client times out. I cannot even ping your
server (ICMP echo request).

This is typically what happens if you have a firewall in front of your server which is dropping
requests from a certain domain.

It is nothing to do with the application-layer protocol or the data inside the packet.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle