httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject AW: [users@httpd] Re: Redirected URL query string being lost
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:48:46 GMT
Hi

> Oh dear. I have always redirected POST requests, in order to reroute the
user. I've thought of it as the proper thing to do. Never thought about that
this logically should mean the user agent should "resubmit" the request to
the new URI, but rather to tell it "done, now go here". Thanks for bringing
it up.

I am doing the following:
I have a form, which has no action property, do the form is submitted to the
same url. There I evaluate the POST/GET Parameters and the Redirect to
another page, basically saying "thank you" or "error occured".
I use code 302 redirects.

No, does this mean, the user agend should resend???

> Now I only have to go rewrite all sites I've made :-( I'll see you guys in
a couple of years...

I hope this was not ment for real, I would need to do the same, in fact I
would not even know how to do that correctly in any other way...

Regards,
  Steffen