httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roland Stumpner" <apache-us...@nestec.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What happend to the URLs in mod_proxy_html
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:17:05 GMT
Hi Robert !

Sorry , that you can´t see the amp; after the & .

My Problem is that in the translated URL (the output of the apache2 proxy)there is an amp;
after the & and i don´t know why. And it isn´t in the original URL and not in the debug
error log.

With the amp; in the URL the Browser doesn´t know what to do.Means thats the a false URL.

At this time the "bug" is only in the html tag <frame src="URL"> the other URL translations
are correct.

Plain TEXT:
This:
http://localip/200/cgi-bin/shop.dll?sessionid=00413948039058596&AnbieterID=2&rndid=86391324&nebenseite=links.htm

turns in:
http://shop1.nestec.at/200/cgi-bin/shop.dll?sessionid=00413948039058596&amp;AnbieterID=2&amp;rndid=86391324&amp;nebenseite=links.htm
(hope you can see it now)

greetings roland

What happend to the URLs in mod_proxy_html[plain text, please...]

Roland Stumpner wrote:
> At this time i can say that when the URL is in a Frameset (html
> tag is <frame>) the URL:
> http://localip/200/cgi-bin/shop.dll?sessionid=00413948039058596&AnbieterID=2&rndid=86391324&nebenseite=links.htm
>
> becomes this:
> http://my.domain.at/200/cgi-bin/shop.dll?sessionid=00413948039058596&AnbieterID=2&rndid=86391324&nebenseite=links.htm
>
> What the hell is the amp; in this URL how comes that .

Sorry, I don't see any &amp; there. However, having a link like <a
href="abc?foo=1&bar=2"> is invalid (X)HTML. Ampersand (&) is a sort of
escape character, so in order get a literal ampersand in any (X)HTML data,
it must be written as &amp;.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is though.

Regards,
Robert Andersson