httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Deepa Rangarajan" <deepa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Apache using two ports
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:25:14 GMT
Joshua,
  By default, apache has SSL engine on and hence it works for https and
443(I assume https://172.22.167.46/index.jsp means that https is working
fine??). But probably encrytion does not happen because the certificates are
not present.
  Right now I am just checking for it working on https and 443 and am
waiting for the certificate to be purchased. As I said earlier, it works
fine for both http and https if I have the ProxyPass in the Main server
config.
   I initially added the VirtualHost section for both ports in httpd.conf.
Later I tried adding the VirtualHost for 443 in ssl.conf. Even then it does
not seem to work for https.
  It does work with https and 443 if the ProxyPass is part of the Main
Server Directive. And if I add VirtualHosts, works only for http.
  Pls let me know if I have misunderstood anything.

Thanks!
Deepa