httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Donald Raikes" <...@draikes.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] url masking
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:11:35 GMT
Joshua,
I modified my virtualhost section in my httpd conf file as  follows,
now when I try to restart my apache server, I get an error (see below).

I rebooted the computer, and the apache server did not start automatically
like it usually does.

Any suggestions appreciated.

---- virtual host section ----
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin don.raikes@oracle.com
    ServerName staccessibility.us.oracle.com
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule (.*)\.uix$ http://access.us.oracle.com:8888/st-acc2/$1.uix
[P,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*) http://access.us.oracle.com:8888/st-acc2/home.uix
    ProxyPassReverse / http://access.us.oracle.com:8888/st-acc2/
    RewriteLog logs/staccessibility-rewrite.log
    ErrorLog logs/staccessibility.us.oracle.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

---- error message from apachectl start command ----
[Thu Oct 14 11:07:42 2004] [warn] module jserv_module is already loaded,
skipping
/usr/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

-- end snippets --

The only process which has jserv loaded was the /usr/lib/wynn process
which I stopped and still got the same error.