httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ilya gordon" <gro...@iggroup.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How do I diagnose a core dump?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:52:54 GMT

--
ilya gordon
ilya@iggroup.org
fax. 253-563-2931

take a look at gdb(debuger).
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~benjasik/gdb/gdbtut.html

--
ilya gordon
ilya@iggroup.org
fax. 253-563-2931

Troy Simpson said:
> All,
>
> I download apache2 (2.0.43), compile it and installed it without a
hitch.  When I go to run ./apachectl -t, I get a core dump.  I tried
everything that I can think off to resolve this problem.  Is there a way
I can diagnose what is going on?

> tdsimpso@hostname>./apachectl -t
> Illegal Instruction - core dumped
>
> I was able to get 2.0.50 and 2.0.52 up and running with no problem.  I
also need to get 2.0.43 up and running running.

> tdsimpso@hostname>uname -a
> SunOS hostname 5.8 Generic_117350-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880
>
> tdsimpso@hostname>gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.4.1
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.