httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>
Subject [users@httpd] AllowEncodedSlashes puzzle
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:13:01 GMT
I've got a brain-dead client issuing this request:

"GET /MISC%2ftvredirect%2fMP%2dDangerousCrossingBeta2%2etvm%2euz2 HTTP/1.1"

As you can see, it's erroneously URL-encoding slashes. (Along with any
other punctuation.)

I've got AllowEncodedSlashes On, but I'm still getting back my custom 404
document (which returns a 302 to the site's home page). I've tried
directives from mod_alias to rewrite the encoded slashes to real ones but
it doesn't appear to work. I'm guessing I've got the syntax wrong somehow:

#Alias /MISC%2ftvredirect%2f /MISC/tvredirect/
#Alias /MISC/tvredirect/ /MISC/tvredirect/
#RedirectMatch /MISC%2ftvredirect%2f(.*)%2d(.*)%2d(.*)%2e(.*)
/MISC/tvredirect/$1-$2.$3.$4
#RedirectMatch /MISC/tvredirect/(.*)%2d(.*)%2d(.*)%2e(.*)
/MISC/tvredirect/$1-$2.$3.$4

(I commented out each attempt when it failed to do anything. These are
within a VirtualHost block.)

Until the client's author fixes it, is there something I can do in Apache
to fix the URL so that the correct file is returned? (Submitting the
request by telnet with the slashes fixed works, so the path is right.)