httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Asynchronous page creation?
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:59:29 GMT
At 05:51 PM 10/14/2004, Craig S wrote:
>After digging into the code (nice job by the way, it
>is  very easy to follow), it looks like there is no
>way to do what I want without modifications to the
>core server (the worker code).

The point to the MPM technology is that you can replace
(e.g. build upon) an existing mpm with whatever technology
you want to use to handle state and connection management.

When httpd ultimately becomes an async server, the first
code that we will change will be the mpm.  As this is user
developed software, you are welcome to beat us to the punch,
either an independent third party module, or as a contribution
to the httpd development effort.

Bill