httpd-users mailing list archives

From cyberscreen internet services <pe...@cyberscreen.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Load Module
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:46:33 GMT
At 17:49 29/10/2004, you wrote:
>Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_so.c
>
>That is what I got.  So I assume based on what you are saying, I don't =
>have mod_php or mod_perl compiled into Apache... correct?

That's correct - mod_so means you have the DSO capability compiled in so
you can load other modules at runtime without recompiling the main server.
So the ClearModule theory sounds good. For every LoadModule entry, there
should be a corresponding AddModule entry in httpd.conf.

It will start:

ClearModuleList
and then have lines like:
AddModule mod_php4.c

As with the LoadModule list, the order in which the various modules are
listed is important for dependency.
But on my Apache_1.3.29, I have mod_perl and lib_php last and it works OK .
My ClearModuleList is actually AFTER the LoadModuleList, which you would
think is illogical, but it seems to work.

Good luck!

Peter Rose
:London UK

Cyberscreen Internet Services.