httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Rose <pe...@cyberscreen.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Cannot load mod_block as DSO
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:46:41 GMT
I am rebuilding my Apache_1.3.29 + BenSLL 1.53 with DSO support on Red Hat
LInux 8.

First time I compiled and built, all the modules load fine and I
subsequently added mod_perl and php support, which all worked.

I have now compiled mod_block using apxs, which gives the following error
messges

mod_block.c: In function `make_block_state':
mod_block.c:82: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
mod_block.c: In function `merge_block_state':
mod_block.c:93: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
mod_block.c: In function `add_referer_block':
mod_block.c:101: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without
a cast
mod_block.c: At top level:
mod_block.c:109: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
mod_block.c: In function `proc_block_trans':
mod_block.c:117: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without
a cast

but nonetheless produces a mod_block.so and puts it into my libexec directory.

I added the appropriate AddModule and LoadModule lines to my httpd.conf,
but on restart I get this failure:

Cannot load /etc/httpsd/libexec/mod_block.so into server:
/etc/httpsd/libexec/mod_block.so: undefined symbol: overlay_tables

and the server will not start.

Any clues most appreciated - I'm assuming there is a problem with my copy
of mod_block.c, but don't really know enough about it.

Regards

Peter Rose

cyberscreen internet services, London