httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Donald Raikes" <...@draikes.com>
Subject [users@httpd] url masking
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:20:40 GMT

Hello,
I am running apache 1.3 on a sunos system. I also have an Oracle oc4j
webserver running on the same system.

The primary dns name for the system is access.us.oracle.com, and I have a
secondary alias of staccessibility.us.oracle.com for the system.

In the oc4j server, I have an application running on port 8888.
I have created a virtual host in my httpd.conf file to redirect to the
oc4j application.

When the redirection occurs, the user sees access.us.oracle.com:8888 in
the addressbar not staccessibility.
Is there a way to have the addressbar continue to reflect the
staccessibility url instead of the primary dns address?
In otherwords can the url be masked in some way?