httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Brooks <cbro...@carescout.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Can you use <IfDirect> directive during a graceful restart?
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:15:31 GMT
Good afternoon,

I would like to pass a parameter to httpd during an "apachectl graceful"
restart (so that I can use <IfDirect> directives in my config file).  I
can do this during an "apachectl start" by tweaking with (a copy of) the
apachectl file to redefine the HTTPD variable as:

# the path to your httpd binary, including options if necessary
HTTPD='/usr/local/apache-light/bin/httpd -DHighPort'

I then have a script which calls the tweaked version of apachectl as
appropriate.

During graceful, however, the HTTPD variable is only used with the -t
flag to check the syntax of the configuration file.  The actual
restarting of the server happens with:

if kill -USR1 $PID ; then
echo "$0 $ARG: httpd gracefully restarted"

This doesn't give me an opportunity to pass a parameter to httpd with
"-D".  Am I missing something?  Is there some way to use <IfDirect>
directives after a graceful restart?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Brooks
VP, Technology

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify CareScout immediately at either
(800) 571-1918 or at info@CareScout.com, and destroy all copies of
this message and any attachments.