httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Horowitz <sc...@theskyiscrape.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache eventually stops responding?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:54:09 GMT
I have a dedicated server (celeron 1.3, 512 mb ram) running Red Hat 9
and Apache 1.3. It gets ~10,000 hits a day and everything has been fine.
However, I recently added a fairly active phpbb board and have run into
a problem where things are going very fast and then -- I'm unable to
connect to the server's http anymore. Restarting apache fixes things,
but it keeps dying every 30-60 mins. I can only assume this is a problem
with apache.

I've browsed the apache logs (error_logs is set to "notice") but nothing
alarming shows up. I've also tried increasing some of apache's max
clients/connections with no effect. How can I go about diagnosing the
problem?

Thanks for any responses.
Scott Horowitz