httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aman Raheja <arah...@techquotes.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL stops working...
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:19:19 GMT
Fabricio Luiz Machado wrote:

>Hi,
>
> My SSL site works fine, but sometimes, (once a week)
>SSL (and 443 port) stops to answer requests.
>
>  So, I restart apache and everything works again...

That is indeed starnge. Well would like to see more logs than the one
you have sent.

> My environment:
>
> - Slackware Linux 9.1
> - apache-1.3.31
> - php 4.3.8
> - mod_ssl-2.8.19_1.3.31.
>
> My ssl_engine_log:
>
>[Tue Oct 19 18:39:37 2004] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake interrupted
>by system [Hint: Stop button pressed in browser?!] (System error
>follows)
>[Tue Oct 19 18:39:37 2004] [error] System: Connection reset by peer
>(errno: 104)

As it says in the hint - this can occur when the user presses Stop in
the browser.
Look for the logs around the time when the SSL stopped working for you.
Also look at the general error log for apache to see what is going on at
that time.

> My mod_ssl.conf:
>
><VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443>
>    ServerName service.domain.com
>    DocumentRoot "/var/www/htdocs/service/"
>    SSLEngine On
>    SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache/certs/service.crt
>    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache/certs/service.key
>    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
>         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
>         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
>    CustomLog /var/log/apache/ssl_request_bcob_log \
>          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
></VirtualHost>
>

> Any idea ?
> It´s giving me insomnia ...
>
>Thanks in advance,