httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roger <crosseyedpeng...@cox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Stuck trying to mod_disk_cache local cgi content
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:09:35 GMT
Robert Andersson wrote:

> Roger wrote:
>
>> The result of the above is that Apache is caching some local .css,
>> and .js files but is not caching the .jpg files covered by the
>> rewrite rule. I plan on turning off the .css and .js caching with the
>> proxymatch directive later.
>>
>> The script creating the .jpg images puts out headers for
>> ('cache-control','max-age=3600') and the browsers I am testing with
>> (IE, Mozilla, Opera) all cache the images successfully. So everything
>> appears to be working OK except the .jpg files are not cached by Apache.
>

> Are you setting the "Last-modified" header when generating the images?
> It might help. Most caches requires it, although I don't know about
> the module.
>
> Regards,
> Robert Andersson

 No, I was not. I added Last-Modified headers, then Date headers, and
finally threw in public and s-maxage into Cache-Control for good measure
after the addition of Last-Modified had no effect. But the results
remain the same.

After reading the rewriterule doc a second time, I concluded the [P]
flag was only meant for caching data from external sites and is not
needed for locally generated data.

I noticed there is another thread that says disk caching does not work
on 2.0.52, but did work on 2.050. I moved from 2.0.48 to 2.0.52 after I
encountered the problem.  While the other thread indicates there is no
disk caching, I am seeing static .js and .css files and even some .jpg
logo files cached by Apache 2.0.52.

Roger