httpd-users mailing list archives

From jdyke <jd...@azimapower.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.48 PHP Problem
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:58:11 GMT

Erin D. Hughes wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am trying to install Apache 2.0.48 and PHP 4.3.8
> I installed Apache from source and it is running the configuration and dir
> were a little different than I am use to with the standard RPM install, but
> when I installed PHP now all my php pages just show code.
> http://php.planetmirror.com/manual/en/install.unix.php On the PHPplanet
> under common problems it says
>
> If you see the PHP source instead of the result the script should produce,
> you have probably forgot to edit /etc/conf.d/apache. Apache needs to be
> started with the -D PHP4 flag. To see if the flag is present, you should be
> able to see it when using ps ax | grep apache while Apache is running.
> I can not find this file can some one tell me where the default locations
> should be so I can edit it?
> Thanks in advance!!
> E.(

Depending on where you installed apache, crack open the httpd.conf file
and make sure you've have the these lines in the file.

LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

If you've compiled php with --with-apxs2=/path/to/apache2/bin/apxs, then
its likely just the AddType line that is not there.  If you did not
install php like that, you'll have to go back and do that first.

HTH
Jeff