httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark McCulligh <mmccu...@visualtech.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error page
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:28:47 GMT
Robert Andersson wrote:

> asiani@wanadoo.fr wrote:
>
>> so when i have a php error i would like to redirect to an error page
>> : "PHP SYSTEM ERROR"
>

> You cannot make Apache do this. Apache have no control over the
> request anymore after PHP started parsing it, so any solution would be
> in PHP. However, it is unlikely that it can be done anyway.
>
> Regards,
> Robert Andersson

You need to write a PHP Error Handler Function and add it to every php
page.  When an error happens on the page your custom function is
called.  In this function you can do anything you want. Print a nice
looking custom error message. Maybe Email the webmaster about the error.
Or do a redirect to another page.  The problem with the redirect would
be if the php code that fails it after the header info has been created
you can't use the "location" function in php to do your redirect.

But if you do create a custom error handler function you will have to
include this function on php page. You can't tell php to do it for you.
But with the new php 5 there is some new error handling stuff that may
work but I have not played with php 5 to much yet.

Mark.