httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luis Moreira <luis.more...@esinnovation.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Who can help me with .htaccess and .htpassw?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:12:32 GMT
There's something wrong about what you say.

First of all, read the error :
Could not open password file: C:/Apache*Group/Apache2/boh/.htpasswd
This is were your system is looking for htpasswd, and saying it's not
there (were did the '*' came from ?).
(Shouldn't BOH be something else ?...)
You also say that everything is were the web page is, however on your
config, the "DocumentRoot" directive points to "C:/Programmi/Apache
Group/Apache2/htdocs"

You say you run Windows XP, but have files with a DOT (.htpasswd,
.htgroup) that look like Unix files.
You can use DOT on Windows names, but it seems as if you edited the
config from somewhere else, which can cause some confusion, if you miss
something.

Luis