httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <jd...@azimapower.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ApacheCore.dll errors with SSL (W2k3)
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 01:08:07 GMT
Greetings. We have an application that needs to run on Win2K3. It runs
Apache 1.3.31/PHP 4.3.9 with mod_ssl, from the
http://hunter.campbus.com/ binaries

The server runs perfectly in http mode, but when https is invoked there
are errors that get put in to the Event Log about module failures in
ApacheCore.dll.   If the server stops at this point, it restarts
immediately, the only thing that is noticeable is a server slowdown
after lots of these get thrown into the event log.  There are no errors
in the SSL log or regular error log. (other then mod_ssl and Win 32 are
not officially supported - doh!)

So I guess i have two questions.  Is there anything i can do for the
ApacheCore.dll errors.

Can Apache2 be built on windows in prefork mode so the possible
threading problems of php libs can be mitigated.

Any suggestions other configuration options are appreciated.  We're
pretty limited due to other third party software, but...

Thanks
Jeff