httpd-users mailing list archives

From 61cygni <61cy...@freesurf.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] unrecognized ProxyPassReverseCookiePath and ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:39:25 GMT
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to configure Apache 2.0.52 as a reverse proxy. My Apache runs
on Windows XP.
I read the excellent note by Nick Kew in apacheweek 'Running a Reverse
Proxy With Apache'. I applied everything that was in it (in particular,
using mod_proxy_html 2.3 for URL rewriting).
However I came across a problem with cookies. Cookies do not cross the
reverse proxy, which leads to web application malfunction.
I'm trying to use ProxyPassReverseCookiePath and
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain to correct this problem.
I struggle with two issues:
- first I don't know how to properly combine the <Location> XML tag
alternative proposed by Nick Kew and the ProxyPassReverseCookiePath and
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain directives, which is not described in his
article.
- secondly, whether I include the directives in the Location tag or
whether I leave them outside, I have a problem getting these directives
recognized. Restarting Apache leads to error:
Syntax error on line 988 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'ProxyPassReverseCookiePath', perhaps mis-spelled or
defined by a module not included in the server configuration.

I would be most grateful if someone could give me some hints as to the
reason for this symptom.
Bruno

Additional information (extracts from my httpd.conf file):
#Active modules:
LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule asis_module modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule imap_module modules/mod_imap.so
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule isapi_module modules/mod_isapi.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
LoadFile C:\Installation\Tools\apache_tools\zlib-1.2.1.win32\bin\zlib1.dll
LoadFile C:\Installation\Tools\apache_tools\iconv-1.9.1.win32\lib\iconv.dll
LoadFile
C:\Installation\Tools\apache_tools\libxml2-2.6.13.win32\bin\libxml2.dll
LoadModule proxy_html_module modules/mod_proxy_html.so

#reverse proxy parameters
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /test/ http://127.0.0.1:8085/

<Location /test/>
   ProxyPassReverse /
   SetOutputFilter proxy-html
   ProxyHTMLURLMap / /test/
   ProxyHTMLURLMap /test /test
   ProxyHTMLExtended Off
   RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding
   # the following is unrecognised
   #ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /
</Location>

# the following two lines are unrecognised
#ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain 127.0.0.1:8085 <my  IP for the outside world>
#ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /test/

ProxyPass /tools/ http://127.0.0.1:9000/

<Location /tools/>
   ProxyPassReverse /