httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Donald Raikes" <...@draikes.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] url masking
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:46:41 GMT

On Tue, October 12, 2004 19:40, Joshua Slive said:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:20:40 -0700 (MST), Donald Raikes <don@draikes.com>
> wrote:
>> When the redirection occurs, the user sees access.us.oracle.com:8888 in
>> the addressbar not staccessibility.
>> Is there a way to have the addressbar continue to reflect the
>> staccessibility url instead of the primary dns address?
>> In otherwords can the url be masked in some way?
>
> You would need to use a "reverse proxy".  See the ProxyPass and
> ProxyPassReverse directives in the mod_proxy docs.
Ok, but how does that work when I am using redirectmatch to redirect to
the other server?

My Virtualhost section looks like:
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin don.raikes@oracle.com
    ServerName staccessibility.us.oracle.com
    RedirectMatch (.*)\*.uix$ http://access.us.oracle.com:8888/st-acc2/$1.uix
    Redirect permanent / http://access.us.oracle.com:8888/st-acc2/home.uix
#    ErrorLog logs/access.us.oracle.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>