httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warron French" <wfre...@xtria.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Linux RPMs + Apache configs
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:28:21 GMT
OK, cool.

So for clarification--

Let's say I already HAD regular apache installed from source and I decided to install mod_php
TODAY.  Then next week I installed mod_perl.

Do I have to add them both next week to make sure the change for mod_php stays in place?
Or does my mod_perl installation basically overwrite the work I did for mod_php?  That's what
I am getting at.  I am sorry for being a nuissance I just want to get it correct the first
time (or understand the mechanics involved for later changes I may need to make).

Thanks so much Eimis.  By the way are you from Lithuania?

Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC
8045 Leesburg Pike #400

-----Original Message-----
From: Eimantas Vaiciunas [mailto:eimantas.vaiciunas@sc.vu.lt]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:14 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Linux RPMs + Apache configs

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 15:09, Warron French wrote:
> OK, great.  What about the other questions?
Well when you'll compile apache from source's it's really easy to add php and
perl support since you can compile them later and you don't need to recompile
apache.

There's always a document named commonly 'INSTALL' in php and mod_perl source
packages which explains clearly what you have to do to add php and perl
support to your apache web server.

There is no matter at all if you add php or perl support first. You can add
both at the same time, reboot apache and viola!

---
Eimis