httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warron French" <wfre...@xtria.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Linux RPMs + Apache configs
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:00:48 GMT
This is a really stupid question, but I am knew to web admin work.

If Apache was installed via RPM when I installed and configured my Red Hat linux system, can
I still make modifications to apache (version 2.0.40) in this case to get it to work with
PHP and/or Perl.  By PHP and Perl I guess I should clarify mod_php and mod_perl right?

I REALLY am knew to this area of administration, I don't even know how to make sure I ask
my question properly.

Another question tied to this problem is:

If I CAN make modifications to apache (even if installed by RPM), do/can I make multiple modifications
at one time, all at once or as they are needed?

If I make changes one time for mod_php and the next modification is (let's say) mod_perl does
the change I make for mod_perl undo the change I made for mod_php?

I REALLY am green on these issues entirely.  ANY direct answers as opposed to references would
be greatly appreciated so I can establish a basic knowledge and understanding.

THANKS in advance!
Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC