httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mass Virtual hosting and mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:12:32 GMT
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 06:35:50PM -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> What I am trying to accomplish is to have the ability to just drop a directory
> into /home/www and have the site just work, If there are special conditions
> such as a site that responds to some-domain.com and some-domain.net then I
> simply want to add a VirtualHost block for just those hosts and have that work
> also. In addition I need packages that are installed on the system and use
> things like ScriptAlias cgi's etc. to still work.

mod_vhost_alias is probably going to be easier to set up than to debug
your rewrite rules: see the docs at:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_vhost_alias.html

or for general discussion of doing mass virtual hosting at:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/mass.html which gives
mod_rewrite examples too.

joe