httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eugene <list-apa...@fsck.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuration: KeepAlive & TimeOut
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:51:44 GMT
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 08:25:08AM -0400, David Pontzer wrote:
:
: Ref: Apache 2.0 on Windows 2000.  Despite setting KeepAlive on and the
: timeouts set to the default (rather short), I have page and image
: connections that persist for hundreds of thousands of seconds even when no
: "real" connections exist.  Why is this?  How can I get these "connections"
: to die?  Thanks in advance from a newby.  djp

100,000 seconds is almost 28 hours.

What is telling you that Apache has that many persistent connections?

What do you have for MaxKeepAliveRequests, KeepAliveTimeout, and Timeout?
How about MaxRequestsPerChild?

--
Eugene