httpd-users mailing list archives

From O-One <ola_...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Securing Apche
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:33:05 GMT
Hello all, need to know if there is SSL in the binary version of Apache, (Not tht I know how
SSL works, but I heard it can secure a site) If not, what is the best way to secure Apache.
I have been creating websites that are NOT mission critical, but I am looking at creating
one that needs to be secured, and I am concerned that someone out there might hijack the site
and vandalize it / take it over.

So what exactly can I do to secure an Apache webserver that can help me out. Please let me
know if I am not asking the right question.

Thank you

Ola